Monthly Progress Reports Guideline
In Accordance with FIDIC a Contractor must submit monthly updates of the Programme demonstrating progress to date to the Engineer for review. This will include attending progress meetings and submitting Monthly Progress reports.
At the end of each month the progress of the design, procurement and construction works must be reported to the Engineer. This report should be a detailed progress report supported by an updated programme and submitted 24 hours prior to the meeting. The report should include, as a minimum but not limited to, the following details in regard to the Contract:-
1) Contract Summary
2) Executive Summary
- Progress of Works to date
- Significant challenges and delays
- Reasons for delays and actions taken to mitigate the delays
3) Financial Summary
- Outline Statement of Final Account
4) Occupational Health & Safety & Environment
- Long lead procurement schedule
- Tender Event Schedule
- Schedule of Subcontractors employed on site (start/finish dates)
- Schedule of Provisional Sums
6) Programme & Logs
- Forecast completion date
- Current construction programme
- Current commissioning programme
- As-built Programme
- 8 week look-ahead programme
- Extension of time requested/awarded.
- Summary of the progress of the Works
- Cumulative labour return for preceding month.
- Cumulative plant and equipment return for proceeding month
7) Progress Photographs
Progress photographs should be taken each month and incorporated into the Monthly Report. The locations of these photographs must be agreed with the Engineer both internally and external to the Project. In addition, take other photographs that will support or illustrate the points described in the summary of the progress of the Works.
There are however certain information which is included in the Monthly Report that the Engineer may require be submitted on a daily basis. Such information may include daily resources in terms of plant, labour subcontractor, etc. Here are an example of a few reports that are generally submitted on a daily basis:-